Matt Fanslow discusses the importance of giving credit where it's due, using actor Bill Hader as an example. He links this to the automotive industry, emphasizing the need for managers and owners to acknowledge their employees' good work. Matt also highlights the significance of positive customer interactions and the role of humility, honesty, and modesty in enhancing a shop's reputation.
- The trend of giving credit (00:02:36) Bill Hader's interviews and his habit of giving credit where it's due, discussing the importance of acknowledging others' contributions.
- The struggle with giving credit in management (00:05:04) The difficulty that managers and owners face in giving credit to their personnel, emphasizing the inconsistency and negative impact of not recognizing others' efforts.
- The benefits of giving credit (00:07:29) The positive outcomes of acknowledging individuals by name for their work, such as increased customer satisfaction, confidence, and word-of-mouth recommendations.
- The importance of technician training (00:09:46) The need for technicians to continuously update their skills and knowledge in order to diagnose and repair complex vehicles.
- Positive interactions with clients (00:10:55) The significance of positive interactions with clients and how it can lead to customer satisfaction and word-of-mouth recommendations.
- Recognizing the contributions of the team (00:13:20) The importance of acknowledging and appreciating the contributions of all team members in a shop, including service advisors, managers, and owners.
Thanks to our Partner, NAPA Autotech napaautotech.com
Email Matt: email@example.com
Diagnosing the Aftermarket A - Z YouTube Channel HERE
Aftermarket Radio Network: https://aftermarketradionetwork.com/